Traditionally, the last day of VivaTech, Saturday, is open to the general public. Because new technologies are transforming daily life for every one of us. Students, families and young job-seekers will be able to attend conferences (in French) with the biggest names in tech throughout the day. The innovations present in Hall 1 and the experiences and activities proposed by VivaTech partners are specially designed to interest the largest number of people. This year, the central theme of the day for the general public is Tech for Society.
VivaTech opens its doors to visitors on Saturday, June 19, for three sessions of three hours each: 9am-12pm / 12pm-3pm / 3pm-6pm.
Innovations, experiences and debates on social issues will mark the day. Inspiring speakers, influencers and entrepreneurs will come to debate in French on current affairs (diversity and inclusion, environment, city of the future, education, sport and innovation, music & tech, tech for wellbeing, future of food, and more. Among the speakers will be Anne Hidalgo (Mayor of Paris), André Manoukian (Artist - co-founder of Matchtune), Isaac Delusion (music group composed of Loic Fleury + Jules Paco), Erik Orsenna (writer, member of the Académie Française), François Taddei (CEO, CRI), Cynthia Fleury (philosopher and psychoanalyst), Marie Martinod (athlete), Guillaume Sanchez (starred chef), Adrien Larripa (Chefclub), Bastien Oggeri (co-founder - Innovafeed), and Philippine Dolbeau (founder of Newschool).
Initiatives will be in the spotlight throughout the day:
- Mega Women & Girls in Tech will also be launched at VivaTech this year. This is the largest intergenerational collective of women and girls in tech, initiated by Simplon, BNP Paribas and Digital Ladies & Allies to promote existing career paths and to increase the number of women in the sector.
- Prep'Apprentissage: Openclassrooms' online training will be at the heart of a program of meetings between young people and VivaTech's partner companies, which are committed to reserving trainee positions for them as of the beginning of the next school year.
- Coaching Youth: L'Escalator, EFAP and EY are joining forces during VivaTech to help young people find employment. 30-minute speed coaching sessions will be offered to 100 young people by volunteer coaches from our partner companies and startups.
- A Chance For Every Young Person: The civictech platform Make.org will present the results of the Grande Cause initiative, "How to give every young person a chance?", launched in 2018 at VivaTech with Accor, Google, BNP Paribas and PwC. Workshops will be held at the BNP Paribas Lab to move from experimental work to scale.
- Next Startupper Challenge with French Founders: Launched in 2019, this inter-school and inter-university challenge aims to promote entrepreneurship among students, to highlight their creativity and agility in these times of crisis, and more concretely to allow them to test and boost their projects with professionals. This year, the theme "Tech for Good / Impact Project" will be the focus.
Saturday will also be an opportunity to present several artistic and immersive digital experiences:
- CADAF will be participating in Digital Art Month and will present various works by leading digital artists.
- With the support of BNP Paribas, the "Les ailleurs" festival will take the opportunity in association with Fisheye and the Gaîté Lyrique to present works in virtual reality.
- The Creative Motion studio will offer the public a totally immersive visual and sensory experience.
Finally, VivaTech will play the entertainment card with several participatory events:
- An eFoot tournament
- A cosplay parade
- Lightsaber combat demonstrations (training sessions will be offered in the afternoon)